Advertisement

Looking for game & level designer - procedural dungeon fps

Started by September 19, 2024 01:02 PM
0 comments, last by Riddick38 3 days, 10 hours ago

Hello,

My name is Rafig and I am leading a revenue-share game project.

About the game;
- Target Platform: Oculus Quest 2 & 3 (VR) initially. Later other VR headsets and possibly PC.
- Engine: Unreal 5.4
- Programming approach: C++
- Genre: FPS with roguelike elements
- Procedural levels (dungeon like structure, not open world). To give example from other games, like In Death: Unchained, not like Valheim.
- Art style: not decided yet
- Game atmosphere: tense (e.g. Aliens 1986)

Game is in prototyping stage. Game structure:
1) You are a space marine, you receive distress signals from the distant planets and need to help there. E.g. mine colony dug too deep…
2) Choose a hero to play with (no big impact on player abilities expected)
3) Choose mission - need to select one of two planets
4) Fight
5) Death is permadeath. Survival earns you points. These points unlock gameplay lore assets.

Some very raw footage. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-n1ffvGtNH3lXYQYEw0vypfYWunzXmkO?usp=sharing

We are in urgent need of game designer.

Requirements:

Important: How much time do you need to contribute?
Since there is a huge work to be done in terms of game design, for the initial several months (2-3) we need full time dedication to the project. Afterwards, working 1-2 days per week is fine. People that are full-time employed are not preferred. We need unemployed or someone with part-time job.

Examples of what you will work on:
- A lot of work on level design. What kind of environment do we want to generate? you need to define and programmers will implement. Layout to have enemies hidden / to cause surprise and build-up tension.
- Enemies that occupy the level
- Explorables & Collectibles
- Skills, weapons, shop, lore and etc.
- Biome design (each planet type is a separate world). Note: For early release probably a single biome will be sufficient. Then each biome will be added as an update.

Someone with interest in procedural generation, VR, Alien & Predator movies, roguelikes.

If it is interesting please add me in discord: rafig51
if you don't have discord, leave a comment here with your contact info and I will contact you.

Our workflow:
- Initial call to get to know each other and for me to explain the project.
- If all is ok, 1 month test period
- If all is ok, you become rev-share member

Advertisement